EAST LANSING, Mich. — The City of East Lansing will be hosting its popular community events this summer, including the Summer Concert Series, Moonlight Film Festival and Play in the Park children’s entertainment series.
Summer Concert Series
The 2021 Summer Concert Series will feature seven live performances by local musical acts in the heart of downtown East Lansing. This music series will take place July 9-Aug. 27 (excluding Aug. 7) on Friday nights from 7-9 P.M. in downtown East Lansing’s Ann Street Plaza (corner of Albert and M.A.C. avenues).
Community members are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and/or enjoy outdoor dining at a nearby restaurant.
The 2021 lineup is as follows:
- Friday, July 9 – Ryan Shadbolt and the Weathermen
- Friday, July 16 – Jordan Hamilton
- Friday, July 23 – Taylor Taylor
- Friday, July 30 – Monte Pride
- Friday, Aug. 13 – Matt Gabriel
- Friday, Aug. 20 – TBA
- Friday, Aug. 27 – Cross Eyed Strangers
Moonlight Film Festival
The 2021 Moonlight Film Festival will feature free movies shown on a big, outdoor screen in Valley Court Park, 280 Valley Court.
The films will be shown on intermittent Wednesday and Thursday nights at 9:30 p.m. in July and 9 p.m. in August.
Community members are courage to bring blankets or lawn chairs and enjoy a night under the stars.
The 2021 Moonlight Film Festival lineup is as follows:
- Thursday, July 15 at 9:30 p.m. – “Raya and the Last Dragon” [youtube.com] (PG)
- Wednesday, July 28 at 9:30 p.m. – “Alice in Wonderland” [youtube.com] (2010) (PG)
- Thursday, Aug. 12 at 9 p.m. – “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” [youtube.com] (PG)
- Wednesday, Aug. 25 at 9 p.m. – “Jurassic Park” [youtube.com] (1993) (PG-13)
Play in the Park
East Lansing’s Play in the Park children’s entertainment series will feature free family activities on intermittent Tuesday and Wednesday evenings this summer at 7 p.m.
The location for this event series has changed from previous years, with events now taking place at Patriarche Park, 960 Alton Road.
Children and their families can bring a picnic, blanket and/or lawn chair and enjoy family friendly entertainment in a beautiful park setting.
The 2021 Play in the Park Schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 21: Amazing Clark Entertainment [amazingclark.com]
- Wednesday, Aug. 4: Michigan Science Center [mi-sci.org]
- Tuesday, Aug. 17: TBA
In the event of rain or severe weather, the community events will be canceled. Additional information and updates on this summer's community events can be found here: www.cityofeastlansing.com/communityevents [cityofeastlansing.com]
Want to see more local news? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines, and Daily Forecasts.