LANSING, Mich. — Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center presents the third annual Michigan Collegiate Art Exhibition.
Located one block from the State Capitol at 119 North Washington Square, Lansing Art Gallery is a non-profit arts organization founded in 1965. Engaging the next generation of creative entrepreneurs, the Michigan Collegiate Art Exhibition encourages artistic excellence, provides networking opportunities, and enhances professional capacity through a competitive and adjudicated exhibition to be held March 1 - 27, 2019 with the reception and award ceremony on Friday, March 15, 2019 from 6 - 8 PM.
This exhibition includes collegiate artists from around the state. The colleges represented are: Adrian College, Central Michigan University, College for Creative Studies, Kendall College of Art & Design, Lansing Community College, Michigan State University, Mott Community College, Northern Michigan University, Olivet College, University of Michigan, University of Michigan - Flint, and Western Michigan University.
2019 Award Winners:
• Best of Show: Madonna & Child by Isiah Lattimore, oil on panel (please see attached image)
• First Place: Cross by John Coates, film
• Second Place: From the Holocene to the Anthropocene: Redefining the Ecological Self by Olivia Arau-McSweeney, photolithography
• Third Place: 321 by Katherine Johnson, light transfer screen-printed series on cotton
• Honorable Mention: Brotherly Love by Azya Moore, photography
Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center’s Michigan Collegiate Art Exhibition is supported in part by Michigan State University’s College of Communication Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Letters, College of Engineering, and the Residential College of Arts and Humanities. Additional support is provided by Mariel Foundation, Lansing Community College, Jack & Sue Davis and Rich Sneary.