LANSING, Mich. — WHAT:
Five Michigan artists and LAFCU will reveal the redesigned giant LAFCU promotional letters. Each letter is 6-foot tall; together they span 35 feet. The reveal will take place at the first event of the 2019 Grand Concert Series.
LAFCU organizers of the project and the artists selected for the redesign:
· Nevin Speerbrecker, 55, Millet/Delta Township, professional artist – Letter L
· Brian Whitfield, 55, Lansing, professional graphic/fine artist known for Lansing’s “Under the Bridge” murals and the Michigan Mackinac Bridge license plate – Letter A
· Azalea Miller, 22, Lansing, college graduate and self-taught artist – Letter F
· Ariana Moreno, 18, Lansing, Waverly High School June graduate with plans to advance her art knowledge and skills – Letter C
· Sofia Perez, 18, DeWitt, DeWitt High School June graduate with plans to attend University of Michigan, Ann Arbor – Letter U
Thursday, June 13 Reveal is at 6 p.m.; letters/artists available and event runs 6-8 p.m.
Grand Concert Series, Lansing Center Riverfront Plaza, 333 E. Michigan In case of rain, the letter reveal will be moved inside the Lansing Center.
LAFCU has reimagined its promotional letters for a second time, providing an opportunity for five Michigan artists to share their artwork with a large, diverse, public audience. The giant letters are seen by thousands at community events, and are favorite subjects and backgrounds for photos posted on social media.
Notable about the 2019 artists:
· They range from two 55-year-old professional artists to two 18-year-old recent high school graduates.
· Three of the five artists reside in Lansing.
· This is the second time professional artist Brian Whitfield has participated. He
painted the letter “U” in 2016.
Chartered in 1936, LAFCU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative open for membership to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Michigan and to businesses and other entities located in Michigan. The credit union serves more than 65,000 members and holds nearly $725 million in assets. LAFCU offers a comprehensive range of financial products and services as well as an expanding complement of financial technology solutions. Members enjoy benefits such as low fees, low interest rates on loans, high yields on savings, discounts, knowledgeable employees and nationwide access to fee-free ATMs and ITMs. A recipient of the national Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award for credit unions, LAFCU enriches the communities it serves by supporting many organizations and causes. To learn more about LAFCU, call 800.748.0228 or visit www.lafcu.com.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.