LANSING, Mich. — Raising awareness for breast cancer is back in the spotlight as October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The 12th Annual "It's a Breast Thing" fundraiser takes place Tuesday, October 1st at the Eagle Eye Golf Club in Bath Township.
The room will be filled with bras, decorated by different Lansing businesses and community groups, all to raise money for Lansing-area breast cancer patients.
The goal is to raise money for Lansing-area breast cancer patients with out of pocket expenses during treatment.
This non-profit event kicks off at 5 p.m. and runs until 8 p.m. Admission is $20 at the door.
Mission of "It's a Breast Thing"Is to enrich the lives of local breast cancer patients on their journey to better health. We do this through:
- grants to residents of Clinton, Eaton, Ingham & Shiawassee counties or those living outside the 4 county area but receiving their treatment in the named counties who have unmet needs related to their breast cancer treatment;
- a fundraising "Event" showcasing the latest information on breast health, breast cancer prevention and treatment;
- a themed bra decorating contest at the event;
- a calendar with the contest winning bras modeled by local breast cancer survivors;
- establishing a partnership with local providers and supporters of those in treatment for breast cancer.
It's a Breast Thing Non Profit Corporation is a collaborative effort of Suzi Wyman & Barb McKessy, and Dr. LaKeeya Tucker of Alliance OB/GYN who are committed to helping women with breast cancer in our local communities.
To purchase or inquire about an It's a Breast Thing Calendar please call 517-980-0357.
If you are a Breast Cancer Survivor and would like to become a Calendar Girl leave your name, number and email at 517-980-0357.
Want to learn more about great things happening in mid-Michigan? Visit the FOX47News Website .
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.