LANSING, Mich. — Every May, students in the Ingham Intermediate School District service area are recognized for artwork created during the school year through a partnership with the Lansing Art Gallery and the Michigan Education Leadership Group (MELG). With school buildings closed due to COVID-19, this year Ingham ISD and its partners were unable to host receptions for the selected candidates. Instead, artwork from the 2019-20 school year will be featured on both the Ingham ISD and the Lansing Art Gallery websites.
Each participating school can submit up to 20 entries. This year, 35 schools submitted 375 entries from local elementary, middle and high school students. From these entries, a qualified juror selected 50 works of art to be professionally framed and exhibited.
Winning artwork was submitted by the following teachers:
· Gina Ried, Lansing School District
· Layna Lesnau, Cole Academy/Cole Academy East
· Heather McNeilly, Okemos Public School
· Angie Herek, Williamston Community Schools
· Beth Schulte, Waverly Community Schools
· Pamela Collins, Lansing School District
· Nancy Cotter, Lansing School District
· Marty Frew, Mason Public Schools
· Kaylee Fletcher, Haslett Public Schools
· Heidi Irvine, Holt Public Schools
· Patricia Pisano, Holt Public Schools
· Amber Crosby-Boerman, Holt Public Schools
· Tracy Vincent, Holt Public Schools
· Patricia David, Leslie Public Schools
· Leanne Schnepp, Leslie Public Schools
· Jen Harrington, Mason Public Schools
· Yolonda Combs, Mason Public Schools
· Addy Hamilton, Mason Public Schools
· Tracy Casali, Mason Public Schools
· Nour Marwan, Lansing School District
· Liz Napolitano, Haslett Public Schools
· Liz Wylegala, St. Martha School
· Julia Naccarato, Lansing School District
· Meagan Kubu, Williamston Community Schools
· Jon Gere, Williamston Community Schools
· Shari Apol, Lansing School District
· Amy Miros, Lansing School District
“Each year it is an honor to host a reception for the students and artwork selected through the Ingham Art Exhibit,” states Jason Mellema, Ingham ISD Superintendent. “While it is disappointing that we are unable to do so in person this year, arts education is vital to student expression and our educational environment. We are very fortunate to have such amazing talent in our region, and we look forward to hanging new art work in our hallways when we are able to return,” Mellema also noted.
Ingham Intermediate School District supports twelve local school districts and ten public school academies in its service area which reaches into seven counties in the mid-Michigan area. The local school districts include: Dansville, East Lansing, Haslett, Holt, Lansing, Leslie, Mason, Okemos, Stockbridge, Waverly, Webberville and Williamston. To learn more about our programs and services, visit Ingham Intermediate School District (www.inghamisd.org).
Want to learn more about great things happening in mid-Michigan? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.