What You Need:
• A cookie sheet
• Wax paper
• A mixing bowl
• 3/4 cup flour
• 1/2 cup water
• 3 tablespoons corn syrup
• 4 cups birdseed
• Cookie cutters
• Cooking spray
What to Do:
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Add flour, water, and corn syrup together in a mixing bowl. Make sure it's well combined.
3. Once the liquid mixture is smooth and creamy, slowly add the birdseed. Mix to combine.
4. Pour the mixture onto the cookie sheet. Using your hands, press the mixture until it's flat and even. The birdseed dough should be roughly 1/2'' to 3/4'' thick.
5. Coat the edges of your cookie cutters with cooking spray. Then, press the cookie cutters into the birdseed mixture.
6. Next, poke a hole (for hanging) through each ornament with a straw. Allow the birdseed to rest in the cookie cutters for 8 hours.
7. Once set, remove your birdseed ornaments from the cookie cutters.
8. Loop a piece of twine through each ornament. Then, head outside and hang them up on the nearest tree. In no time at all, wild birds will stop by to nibble on these pretty pieces.