On Wednesday, March 28th, twenty startups will take the stage at the Wharton Center for Performing Arts, Pasant Theatre, in East Lansing, Michigan. Each startup will pitch their business idea in front of a live audience and expert judges for cash prizes totaling $100K.
GreenLight Business Model Competition, hosted by Spartan Innovations, with Spotlight Sponsors: McLaren Greater Lansing, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, and MSU Federal Credit Union. • All twenty startup teams and descriptions, can be found at www.greenlightmichigan.com.
• Hugo Braun, Partner and Co-Founder of North Coast Technology Investors
• Brian Brown, VP of Marketing and Business Development, McLaren Greater Lansing
• Charles Hasemann, PhD, Assistant VP of Innovation and Economic Development, MSU Innovation Center
• Jeff Jackson, Chief Lending Officer, MSU Federal Credit Union
• Tim Kroninger, Partner, Varnum Law
• Vince Nystrom, VP of Business Development, Renaissance Venture Capital Fund
• Kim Pasquino, Investment Director, Wakestream Ventures
• Nataliya Stasiw, Portfolio Manager, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
WHAT: Twenty Michigan-based startups will pitch their ideas for the chance at cash prizes totaling $100K.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 28th, 2018. Event registration begins at 3.45pm; finalist pitches begin at 4.30pm.
WHERE: Wharton Center for the Performing Arts, Pasant Theatre Michigan State University, 750 East Shaw Lane, East Lansing, Michigan 48824
• MSU Foundation Executive Director, David Washburn will be speaking at 4.35pm
• MSU’s mascot, Sparty, will be at the event from 6.45p–7.30p
• 2018’s GreenLight will offer a variety of arcade games for public enjoyment. Throwback titles include: Air Hockey, Pop-A-Shot Basketball Toss, Rush the Rock Racing Games, Pinball (Ghostbusters, AC/DC Premium, and Spiderman), Galaga, Ms. Pacman, among others.
Source: PRESS RELEASE