Our Foster Program helps us save the lives of hundreds of additional animals every year by allowing us to increase our capacity, and treat medical or behavioral conditions that are not manageable in a shelter setting.
Fostering is an extremely rewarding experience for your family, knowing that you have helped save a pet’s life.
Shelter animals may need temporary foster homes for a variety of reasons including:
- Juvenile animals that are too young to be spayed or neutered
- Animals that have a medical or behavioral condition that may be difficult to manage in a shelter setting
- Animals that need a break from the shelter
How Do I Get Started?
We ask that you please read our frequently asked questions and answers about becoming a foster volunteer. This will help you determine if it is something you’re interested in and will help you know if your home and situation fits our needs for foster care assistance.
After reading through the FAQ, if you are interested in applying, you can start the process to become a foster volunteer by completing an application.
Once completed, you may submit your application by any of the following methods:
- Email it to Samantha Miller at smiller@AdoptLansing.org
- Mail it to CAHS, 7095 West Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48906
- Fax to (517) 626-2560
If you are unable to download or print the foster application from our website, you may also complete an application at the shelter.