LANSING, Mich. — The Alzheimer's Association Michigan Chapter has announced its free virtual support groups, education programs and social engagement programs for July.
“Persons with dementia, their caregivers and all those impacted by dementia need our help and support now more than ever,” said Jean Barnas, Alzheimer’s Association program services director. “Our groups, programs and events offer emotional support, provide much-needed information about memory loss and dementia, and — thanks to wonderful partners such as the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and The Henry Ford — help persons with dementia and their care partners find ways to remain socially active.”
Upcoming groups, programs and events are listed below. All programs are free and open to the public. Registration is required by calling 800.272.3900 or visiting alz.org/gmc/virtual [alz.org].
- Statewide Dial-In Caregiver Support Group – July 14 at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., July 21 at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., July 28 at 10 a.m., July 29 at 6 p.m., and July 30 at 7 p.m.
- Effective Communication Strategies – July 6 at 10 a.m. and July 14 at 1 p.m.
- Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior – July 7 at 9 a.m. and July 29 at 10 a.m.
- 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s – July 9 at 10 a.m., July 22 at 6 p.m. and July 30 at 6 p.m.
- Living with Alzheimer’s For Care Partners-Early-Stage – July 14 at 10 a.m., Part 1 of 3; July 15 at 10 a.m., Part 2 of 3; July 16 at 10 a.m., Part 3 of 3
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia – July 15 at 2 p.m. and July 20 at 10 a.m.
- Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body: Tips from the Latest Research – July 21 at 3 p.m. and July 29 at 6 p.m.
- Living with Alzheimer’s: For Younger-Onset Alzheimer’s – July 23 at 6 p.m.
- Dementia Conversations: Driving, Doctor Visits, Legal & Financial Planning – July 27 at 10 a.m.
Social Engagement Programs
- Detroit Historical Society “Spring Parlor Games” – July 27 at 1 p.m.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra Virtual Performance – July 28 at 1 p.m.
- The Henry Ford “Luggage: From Steamer Trunks to Roller Bags” – July 30 at 1 p.m.
For more information, call the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's. For more information, visit www.alz.org [alz.org].
Want to learn more about great things happening in mid-Michigan? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.