LANSING, Mich. — A quiet, comfortable evening on Thursday should be enjoyed as able. Heat returns on Friday ahead of strong thunderstorms in the evening, some of which may turn severe.
Timing of Friday's Storms
- Storms will arrive around the 5:00pm to 6:00pm window and last through the rest of the evening
- Another especially strong wave of storms may move through around 9:00pm to 10:00pm, though general storm activity will continue during the whole timeframe
- Most of the storms, if not all, will be wrapping up before midnight
Hazards with Friday's Storms
- Wind gusts of 60+ MPH are possible
- Frequent cloud-to-ground lightning
- Heavy rain (localized flooding)
- Small hail possible
- Weak embedded tornadoes
Hot, Dry Weather Returns Once the Storms Pass
The heat is back on late Saturday and through the first week of July. High temperatures in the 80s to near 90 with plenty of sunshine are likely for much of the period.
Want to learn more about the Weather? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Download our free app for Appleand Android
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.