The Michigan State Spartans (11-1) will take on the Iowa Hawkeyes (12-0) on Saturday, December 5, 2015 in the Big Ten Championship Game. The game will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana with kickoff at 8:17 pm.
The Hawkeyes will be making their first appearance at a conference championship game while the Spartans will be returning for the third time in the past five years. Iowa leads the all time series against Michigan State (23-20-2). At their last meeting in 2013, Michigan State took home the victory.
The coverage for the big game will begin at 6:00 pm. The locally produced sports program Press Pass All Stars with Jack Ebling will feature a special segment called "Spartans 2015: Simply INDY-scribable from 6 to 7 pm on FOX47. You can find the game on the radio at WJIM AM and WMMQ FM in Lansing. For a complete list of radio stations that will feature the game click here.
For the Spartans making the trip to Indy, here are a few things to remember:
- Make sure to wear the most important colors on game day (Green & White)
- ESPN College GameDay will be live from 9 am-noon at Pan American Plaza (201 S. Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46225)
- There are over 70,000 parking spaces available downtown near Lucas Oil Stadium, to look at all of the parking areas, click here
- Banners/Signs are permitted in the stadium as long as they are in good taste and they do not obstruct the views of other fans
- Some items that are prohibited: outside food/beverages, large purses, or backpacks, video recorders, cameras with lenses longer than 4 inches, selfie sticks, and artificial noise makers
If you are looking for a place in Indy to eat or hangout before, during, or after game, these are the places for Spartans:
- Ram Restaurant & Brewery: 140 S. Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Champps: 49 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Harry & Izzy's: 153 S. Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Indianapolis Colts Grille: 110 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Dick's Last Resort: 111 Maryland St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Slippery Noodle: 372 S. Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Prime 47: 47 S Pennsylvania St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- High Velocity: 10 S West St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Kilroys: 201 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46225