The Jack Breslin Distinguished Staff Awards Committee encourages nominations of deserving staff during its 40th year of the award.
The committee has distributed nomination forms to the campus community. Each of the six persons awarded the honor will receive a $2,500 stipend and be recognized with a citation at a special reception in 2017.
The award is named in the honor of Jack Breslin, who served MSU as a student leader, athlete, administrator and advocate.
Nominees must be regular, active employees with at least five years of service in a support staff position. Eligible employee groups are Administrative-Professional Supervisors Association, Administrative-Professional Association, Clerical-Technical Union, Fraternal Order of Police, AFSCME Local 1585, AFSCME Local 999, IATSE Local 274, IUOE Local 324, Nurses and Non-union.
Nominees will be evaluated on achievement in four areas:
- Excellence in overall job performance above and beyond what is expected
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and working relationships
- Contributions to the department that lead to improved efficiency or effectiveness
- Contributions to the university (committees, outreach, volunteer work)
- Distinctive achievement in each of the four areas constitutes the strongest case for selection, but particularly outstanding achievement in one area may also be recognized.
Any member of the university, including co-workers, supervisors, faculty members or students, may nominate an eligible staff member. A complete nomination packet containing the nomination form and support letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or two complete sets of the nomination form and support letters can be mailed to Room 110 Nisbet Building. All nominations must be at Human Resources no later than 5 p.m. on Oct. 26.
For more information or a nomination form, call (517) 884-0114 or visit the MSU Human Resources website direct link: http://www.hr.msu.edu/recognition/supportstaff/DistStaff.htm
SOURCE: MSU Today