The Tigers have more players chosen to represent their country at the World Baseball Classic than any other MLB team.
15 players in the Tigers organization have been selected to the rosters for the tournament this March.
Each team has a designated pitcher pool, meant to add two pitchers (and remove two others) per round if the team advances.
- Miguel Cabrera: Venezuela
- Victor Martinez: Venezuela
- Francisco Rodriguez: Venezuela
- Bruce Rondon: Venezuela
- Ian Kinsler: USA
- Michael Fulmer: USA (designated pitcher pool)
- Alex Wilson: USA (designated pitcher pool)
- Warwick Saupold: Australia (designated pitcher pool)
- Travis Blackley: Australia
- Joe Jimenez: Puerto Rico
- Dustin Molleken: Canada
- Daniel Pinero: Canada
- Efren Navarro: Mexico
- Wiliam Cuevas: Colombia
- Arcenio Leon: Venezuela (designated pitcher pool)