LANSING, Mich. — Seniors Helping Seniors® Greater Lansing is meeting the needs of seniors in a way that provides both dignity and a sense of camaraderie. Today we spoke with owner Amy Kanouse about hos they serve seniors and how their business has had to pivot amidst the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Amy also shares some tips on how we can best support seniors during this turbulent time.
Some tips include:
- Making care packages of handwritten notes with words of encouragement,
- Give them Vitamin C
- Give them paper products,
- Give them cleaning products and comfort food,
- Organize window walks with your local community to stop by seniors' homes and wave or hold up signs outside,
- Hold regular video calls on Zoom/FaceTime/Skype, but make sure to send an easy-to-follow instruction guide ahead of the call or talk through how to use the software over the phone.
Explore other businesses spotlighted in the We're Open section of the FOX 47 News website
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.