News

Actions

Wayne County judge dismisses Trump campaign's election lawsuit

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WSYM.png
Posted at 2:33 PM, Nov 13, 2020
and last updated 2020-11-13 14:33:32-05

A chief judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County denied the Trump campaign's election fraud lawsuit.

The re-election campaign previously said it's seeking "to stop certification of Michigan election results until defendants have verified and confirmed ballots were cast and tabulated in accord with the law and to ensure no unlawful ballots were cast."

The lawsuit cited "multiple witness accounts of irregularities, incompetence, and unlawful vote counting." However, Wayne Circuit Court Chief Judge Kenny said this information is "incorrect and not credible."

Additionally, the campaign requested an independent audit of the election. This was also denied.

View the full opinion from the judge below:

Costantino Et Al v Wayne BOC Et Al Opinion & Order by WXYZ-TV Channel 7 Detroit on Scribd