Walmart announced that it will remodel 15 stores across Michigan this year, as well as roll out several in-store and online innovations.
“2018 will be an exciting year for our Walmart customers in Michigan as we continue to invest in ways to make their shopping experience easier and more convenient regardless if they come to our stores or place an order online,” said Jim Winkler, Walmart Vice President and Regional General Manager for Michigan. “More than saving money, consumers want to save time. They want to shop however, whenever and wherever is most convenient. So far customers are telling us our plan is working.”
The following Walmart stores will be remodeled:
- 409 N Marketplace Blvd, Lansing
- 901 N Van Dyke Road, Bad Axe
- 1879 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon
- 910 Joe Mann Blvd, Midland
- 5851 Mercury Drive, Dearborn
- 33201 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights
- 1601 E US Highway 223, Adrian
- 30729 Lyon Center Drive E, New Hudson
- 3921 Wilder Road, Bay City
- 4845 24th Ave, Fort Gratiot
- 29555 Plymouth Road, Livonia
- 1700 W. Michigan Ave, Jackson
Stores in Monroe, Big Rapids and Lapeer have already been remodeled.
The innovations include online grocery pickup , where Michigan customers can order groceries online and pick them up.
Additionally, the stores will offer pickup towers , where customers can pick up their online orders in less than a minute by scanning a bar code sent to their smartphone.