Cars.com has released a list of the most American-made cars for 2018, and four of the top 10 cars are actually from foreign automakers.
According to Cars.com, the American-Made Index is used to help car shoppers determine the "most American" cars of 2018. Those are the ones that have the greatest impact on the U.S. economy.
To come up with the list, Cars.com looked at cars manufactured in America, have the most American parts and support the most American factory jobs.
The Jeep Cherokee topped the list of the most American-made vehicles, assembled at a plant in Belvidere, Ill. Honda had three cars on the list while Acura was the other foreign automaker.
- Jeep Cherokee - Assembled in Belvidere, Ill.
- Honda Odyssey - Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
- Honda Ridgeline - Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
- Ford Taurus - Assembled in Chicago
- Chevrolet Volt - Assembled in Detroit
- Honda Pilot - Assembled in Lincoln, Ala.
- Acura MDX (excludes MDX Sport Hybrid) - Assembled in East Liberty, Ohio
- Ford Explorer - Assembled in Chicago
- Ford F-150 - Assembled in Claycomo, Mo. and Dearborn
- Chevrolet Corvette - Assembled in Bowling Green, Ky.
According to Cars.com, despite being a Japan-based automaker, Honda has three cars built in Alabama with high domestic content and U.S.-sourced drivetrains.