(WXYZ) — Amazon's latest update, Amazon Sidewalk, went into use on Tuesday, June 8. The program, Amazon said, shares internet bandwidth.
According to Amazon, the program will also improve WiFi connectivity in all corners of the home for Alexa devices and Ring devices.
The company said it will not allow neighbors to use your WiFi or see your Ring cameras, but many companies are speaking out saying it's a privacy issue.
According to The Verge, there are different ways to opt out Amazon Sidewalk through the Alexa App and the Ring App.
Details on how to opt-out below from The Verge.
Amazon Alexa App
- Tap the "more" button on the bottom left corner
- Click the "settings" tab
- Click "account settings" in the second row
- Click "Amazon Sidewalk" and then opt in or out
- Hit three-lined button in top left corner to access control center
- Click "sidewalk" and use the button to opt in or out