The consumer credit website Upgraded Points used TSA data to find the airports with the fastest and slowest security lines.
Analyzing data from the 25 busiest airports in the U.S. during the travel periods of 4 a.m. through 11 p.m., Upgraded Points found that Newark International Airport, serving the New York City region, had the longest wait times.
According to the data, Newark International had an average wait time of 23.1 minutes. The data also found that if you plan on flying out of Newark during the lunch hour on Mondays, expect to wait an hour.
The best time to fly out of Newark is late on Fridays, with the shortest wait time being around 15 minutes.
Of the 25 busiest airports, the airport with the shortest wait times was Salt Lake City International. The airport has a wait time of 9.1 minutes. The worst average wait out of Salt Lake City is 26 minutes, and the best is around 2 minutes.
Here are the five airports with the longest wait:
1) Newark International
2) George Bush (Houston) Intercontinental
3) Miami International
4) Baltimore-Washington International
5) McCarran (Las Vegas) International
Here are the five airports with the shortest wait:
1) Salt Lake City International
2) Washington Dulles International
3) Boston Logan International
4) Minneapolis-St. Paul International
5) Charlotte Douglas International
For more information, click here .