A Wayne County couple had no idea a global pandemic might upend their wedding.
Tom Wright and Stephanie Corcoran are scrambling amid concerns of COVID-19. The couple got engaged on Easter of last year and planned to tie the knot in May.
"People have already made travel arrangements," Wright said. "People have booked flight."
They may postpone the wedding until the spread is contained. The wedding venue plans are booked at Weber's Boutique Hotel in Ann Arbor.
"As of right now they're saying, its okay," Corcoran said. "But, we're not sure what the future will hold.
They've checked in with vendors and they're flexible, but if all their 160 invited guest will show is a mystery.
The growing crisis is unsettling to wedding videographer Zachary Bucholtz. He has a wedding to shoot on Saturday.
"I am definitely concerned for myself," Bucholtz said. "I got hand sanitizer in the car and I'm going to bring a change of clothes."
He asked, Lt. Governor Gilchrist II on social media if weddings are exempt from gatherings with 250 people or less.
"I've have 15 people comment wanting to know the same thing," Bucholtz said.
He said his livelihood is in jeopardy.
Stay with 7 Action News for breaking updates on the COVID-19 pandemic in Michigan.