News

Actions

Wood stove causes fire at home on M-52

Posted: 8:09 AM, Dec 11, 2015
Updated: 2015-12-11 08:09:36-05

A home near Webberville explodes into flames after a chimney fire from a wood burning stove.

One side of the house, on M-52 in Leroy Township, was completely engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived around 9:30 p.m. Thursday.

Firefighters tell FOX 47 the blaze quickly spread to the attic.

The homeowner and her five pets were able to get out safely.

Crews from five fire departments helped Leroy Township put out the blaze.

No firefighters were hurt. Half of the house is a loss.