News

Actions

UPDATE: New information on fire that destroyed a house Monday morning

Web_Promo_Image_960x720.png
Posted at 7:28 AM, Aug 29, 2017
and last updated 2017-08-29 07:28:46-04

The Stockbridge fire chief tells us the fire that destroyed a house Monday morning may have been caused by a discarded cigarette.

Chief Russ Stone says the fire is still under investigation.

A couple lived in the home. The woman was home alone at the time the fire started and went to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Firefighters say the single-story ranch was fully engulfed when they arrived. Nobody was hurt.

The Red Cross is helping the owners.