LANSING, Mich. — With the first “early decision” college-application deadline looming on Nov. 1 and tuition costs having more than doubled since the 1980s, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its 2020’s Best College & University Ranking s , in addition to separate rankings for colleges and for universities .
To help college-bound seniors make the most informed school choices, WalletHub compared over 1,000 higher-education institutions in the U.S. based on 33 key measures grouped into seven categories, such as Student Selectivity, Cost & Financing and Career Outcomes. The data set ranges from student-faculty ratio to graduation rate to post-attendance median salary.
Top 30 Colleges & Universities in America
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MA)
- Harvard University (MA)
- Princeton University (NJ)
- Yale University (CT)
- Stanford University (CA)
- California Institute of Technology (CA)
- Duke University (NC)
- University of Pennsylvania (PA)
- Northwestern University (IL)
- University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill (NC)
- Vanderbilt University (TN)
- Columbia University (NY)
- Rice University (TX)
- University of Chicago (IL)
- Johns Hopkins University (MD)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (GA)
- University of California--Los Angeles (CA)
- University of California--Berkeley (CA)
- Brown University (RI)
- Swarthmore College (PA)
- Amherst College (MA)
- Harvey Mudd College (CA)
- University of Notre Dame (IN)
- Washington University in St. Louis (MO)
- Dartmouth College (NH)
- Carnegie Mellon University (PA)
- University of Michigan--Ann Arbor (MI)
- Williams College (MA)
- Georgetown University (DC)
- Cornell University (NY)
To view the full reports, please visit:
Best Colleges & Universities Overall: http://wallethub.com/edu/college-rankings/40750/
Best Universities: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-universities-in-usa-ranking/39704/
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website .
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.