News

Actions

Two people out of their home after fire

Posted: 10:57 AM, Jan 31, 2016
Updated: 2016-01-31 15:57:00Z

A fire forced two people from their home Saturday afternoon in Lansing. It happened around 2 p.m. on the 200 block of West Gier Street.

Investigators say it was an electrical fire in the kitchen that started with the exhaust fan on the stove and spread to the attic.

Firefighters had to cut holes in the roof to fight the flames.

The two people weren't hurt. They were being helped by the Red Cross.