LANSING, Mich. — Ingham County is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications from ALL Ingham County municipalities to participate in the 2020 Ingham County Trails and Park Millage Grant Program. In March of this year, Ingham County residents renewed a six year .5 mill levy to create and maintain a countywide system of trails and adjacent parks in Ingham County.
Project Requirements: Applications are due July 31, 2020 at 5 pm. Funding consideration will be given to small shovel ready projects and future planning of projects. All projects will be considered even if they are not shovel ready or planning related. The Board is not requiring match this round; while not required it is always welcome. See application and website for details. www.inghamcountyparks.org
· Government entity
General Project Requirements:
· Must demonstrate a direct benefit to Ingham County residents
· Preference will be given to the following categories:
o (1) Small shovel ready projects up to $300,000
o (2) Planning and design for future projects
· The Park Commission and Board of Commissioners will consider any application even if it does not specifically fit the above two categories
Application Overview – a fully completed application is required
· Description of the project
· Overview of the project addressing the grant criteria
· Detailed physical scope of the project
· Design, engineering and construction information
· Itemized cost and funding plan for the project
· Maintenance plans
Selection Process Overview:
· Applications are reviewed and scored by the Ingham County Parks and Recreation Commission
· The Ingham County Parks and Recreation Commission makes a recommendation to the Ingham County Board of Commissioners
· The Ingham County Board of Commissioners reviews recommendations and awards grants
· The 2020 Trail and Park Millage Grant recipients are announced
· Grantees are officially notified
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.