NewsLocal News


THE LATEST: Man from stand off arraigned

Posted at 2:43 PM, Sep 10, 2018
and last updated 2018-09-10 23:27:29-04


On Friday, Sept. 7, at 11:30 a.m. a vehicle with a person of interest to Meridian Township was contacted by police officers.

Police followed as the car drove off, they also put a call out to Lansing Police to assist.

The vehicle was found behind a store on W. Saginaw in an alley.

The man in the car ran into a home in the 700 block of Princeton after breaking in.

The woman inside the home called the police and told them that the man had broke in and that they were hiding inside.

The police set up a perimeter around the house and brought in a negotiation team.

A short while later, the home owner was let go.

Negotiations continued.

Shots were heard inside the home and then the suspect came out with his hands on his head.

Twenty-seven year-old Cameron Matthew Petosky has been identified as the man in the home. He was placed in custody and arraigned on charges of Home Invasion 1st Degree, Unlawful Imprisonment, Weapons Discharge in a Building, Possession of a Firearm by a Felon and Felony Firearm.

His next court date will be September 20th 2018 at 1:00 pm in 54-A District Court.


A 27-year-old is in police custody after a brief standoff in a Lansing neighborhood Friday afternoon.

Lansing Police Public Information Officer Robert Merritt told FOX 47 the man is a parole absconder and known to officers. He was spotted in a car shortly before noon Friday. Officers pulled the vehicle over and the man took off and ran into a home in the 700 block of Princeton Avenue. The homeowner, a woman, ran out, leaving just the suspect inside.

The man had weapons, so Lansing Police brought in a SWAT team to negotiate with him. A few rounds were fired from inside the home but no one was injured.

After about 30 minutes, the man came out peacefully, ending the incident with no injuries.

FOX 47's Barrett Tryon was on the scene and was told by officers that the suspect was wanted for armed robbery in Mid-Michigan.

Officers also said he didn't work alone, that there was another man and a woman who were also wanted.

The suspect was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

And all three suspects have been taken into custody.

Willow Elementary had been secured during the standoff in case of a situation but as of 1 p.m., the school had returned to business as usual.


Police are on the scene in the area of Princeton and Saginaw in Lansing.

Around noon on Friday, they surrounded a house where a wanted fugitive was inside. The man was known to be in possession of weapons.

Police asked everyone to avoid Princeton Ave. between Oakland Ave. and Saginaw Street until the situation was contained.

Willow Elementary is in that area and has since been put under restricted access, Bob Kolt told FOX 47.  Kolt is the Lansing Schools spokesman. He added, "This is a lower level security step cooperating with LPD. This action is NOT a lockdown of the school. Lockdown means no person can go in or out because students may be in imminent danger, not the case here."

A negotiator was on the scene talking to the man.

Around 1:00 p.m. the SWAT team did move in and brought a man out of the house with his hands above his head.

This is a breaking news story. FOX 47 is working to get more details on this story, and will update the story as more information becomes available. 

Stay with FOX 47 and as we follow this situation. Refresh your page to make sure you are seeing the most current information.