LANSING, Mich. — Lansing's biggest music event is next weekend, but time to prepare for it starts on Monday.
The "Common Ground Music Festival" starts on June 27 and goes through June 30.
Roads will be closed from June 24 - July 2, with detours posted.
That includes these areas, starting at 7 a.m. on Monday:
- Grand Avenue between Shiawassee Street and Saginaw Street
- The northern most westbound lane on Shiawassee Street between Grand Avenue and Cedar Street
Lanes will be reduced along these roads:
- Southern most Bike and Pedestrian Travel Lane on Saginaw St. between Washington Ave. and Grand Ave.
- Grand Avenue will be reduced to two lanes between Ionia Street and Shiawassee Street
However, NB Grand Avenue traffic will be allowed to travel either east or west onto Shiawassee Street
Here are the suggested detours to get around the road closures:
- Northbound Grand Avenue traffic should travel west on Ionia Street or
- Shiawassee Street to Walnut Street, north on Walnut Street to Saginaw Street and then east on Saginaw Street to return to Grand Avenue.
To get into the LCC parking structure on Grand Avenue, people will need to follow Saginaw Street east to Grand Avenue and then go south on Grand Avenue in the "designated travel lane" to access the entrance to the parking structure.
Area businesses will have local access.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.