“Navigating the financial aid process can be overwhelming and complicated,” said Anne Wohlfert, director of Treasury’s Student Financial Services Bureau. “Many college-bound students and their families don’t know where to begin."
April is National Financial Literary Month and the Michigan Department of Treasury is reminding families to consider MI Student Aid program for help paying for college.
"As the state’s go-to resource for college financial aid information, MI Student Aid can provide students and families with resources to make the process much easier.”
There are resources that are free and available to students and families.
MI Student Aid can help with the following:
• State scholarships and grants
• 529 college savings programs
• Financial aid webinars
• Publications promoting financial aid information
• On-site outreach visits at college fairs and schools
• Video library educating residents about state programs
• Online scholarship search service