French fries are always a great side for many meals and sometimes they're just great alone with dipping sauce.
Cookbook author Erika Schlick has a great recipe on how to make Oven Baked Yuca Fries with Truffle Oil.
- 1 pound yuca, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons parmesan (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons of high-quality truffle oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F
2. Peel and cut the yuca into ½ inch wedges (French fry shape and size).
3. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, fill pot ¾ of the way full with water. Add olive oil and sea salt and boil for 10-15 minutes until the edges of the fries start to fray a bit. Note: Cassava cannot be eaten raw, and needs to boiled first to remove any cyanide present in the plant.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes and flip over halfway through.
7. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before placing in a large bowl.
8. Sprinkle parsley, sea salt, and parmesan if using and toss fries in the mixture.
9. Next add 1-2 tablespoons of truffle oil and toss.
10. Serve with a favorite dipping sauce like Primal Kitchen Ketchup or on their own.
This recipe was provided by The Trail to Health. Find more recipes like this and more cooking tips at thetrailtohealth.com.