LANSING, Mich. — There will be no trial for Matthew Priebe.
The former resource officer at Lansing Eastern High School plead no contest to multiple charges, including Second Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct.
Fox 47 broke this story last year.
“We are dismissing count three and are recommending a sentencing cap of one year in jail," said Special Prosecutor Pamela Maas during Priebe's hearing.
Priebe's five counts against him carry a maximum sentence of over 20 years in prison.
Instead, Priebe will spend no more than 12 months in jail.
"After consultation with the victims in the matter, and the sentence which will be recommended is within the sentencing guidelines that are set, we believe this is the appropriate disposition of the case," said Maas in an interview after the hearing.
One of Priebe's accusers said he asked her for a hug when she met him in his office in March of 2018.
"...He pulled her hand to his genital area and put her hand on the area of his genitals," said Judge Joyce Draganchuk, reading a police report of the incident. "This was clearly done for a sexual purpose."
She added that he tried to pull her dress up during another meeting two months later.
"She resisted and tried to pull her dress down," continued Draganchuk. "He again tried to pull her dress up and attempted this three times."
Priebe was originally free on bond and working for a construction company in Oklahoma, but because of his charges he'll have to wait for his sentencing in the Ingham County Jail.
He’ll be sentenced on Oct. 2.
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website .
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.