The Secretary of State has suspended the license of the HJ Auto Group in Okemos because the dealership could not produce the required paperwork during an inspection.
A spokesman for the Secretary of State told us HJ Auto Group committed the following violations:
- no sales log
- no record of vehicles purchased or sold
- no log of temporary registrations sold
- in some cases there were no titles for the vehicles being sold
- in one case it had no record for a brand new vehicle it was selling
- it had no license to sell new vehicles
HJ Auto Group was first licensed in February of 2016. The lack of paperwork was discovered during a regular inspection. The dealership has the right to an administrative hearing to fight the suspension. It may be able to get its license back if it can prove it's complying with the law.