The state now has regulations to control the amount of medical marijuana dispensaries in Michigan.
Under the new rules:
- Dispensaries can be open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
- There must be security cameras;
- There cannot be drive through windows;
- The marijuana must be labeled;
- The license must be on display; and
- Businesses will have to pay a $3,000 application fee.
"They will have a 30 day window to apply for the license," said council member Carol Wood. "At the end of 30 days, if they have not applied, they will be considered a nuisance under the ordinance and can be closed down."
There are currently four medical marijuana facilities operating under the current ordinance that are not legal by state law and will not be licensed until they become legal.