News

Actions

Mid-Michigan family wakes up to home engulfed in flames

Posted at 7:11 AM, Oct 02, 2017

An overnight fire destroys an Aurelius Township family's home.

It happened in the 2400 block of Gale Road just after 11 Sunday night.

The couple who lives there say they were woken up by a loud bang and found their attached garage engulfed in flames and the fire spreading through the home.

The couple and their two children were able to make it out safely.

Firefighters rushed to the scene but say getting the flames out was a challenge because of how far off the main road the house is