LANSING, Mich. — Michigan College Access Network (MCAN) is seeking diverse candidates for 25 positions, from entry to senior level, across the state. Working in partnership with the governor’s office, MCAN is driven by its Sixty by 30 goal: 60% of Michigan residents complete a postsecondary certificate or degree by 2030. Candidates will have the opportunity to join MCAN’s mission to increase college readiness, participation and completion in Michigan, particularly among low-income students, firstgeneration college-going students and students of color.
“Since MCAN’s inception 10 years ago, our team has consistently achieved and expanded,” said Ryan FewinsBliss, executive director of MCAN. “We are looking for candidates who not only have the expertise and experience to drive deliverables forward, but people who will match our energy and enthusiasm for increasing postsecondary attainment rates in Michigan."
Visit https://micollegeaccess.org/jobs for detailed job descriptions, deadlines and submission links. The following positions are available:
- Director of Strategic Engagement - Reporting to the Executive Director, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Director of Strategic Engagement will contribute to the success of the organization in several areas, including communications, external relations and event organization.
- Program Director, AdviseMI - The Program Director of AdviseMI will be responsible for oversight of the AdviseMI AmeriCorps program at MCAN. Under the supervision of the Director of Service Strategy, the Program Director - will implement, evaluate and strengthen the program. The Program Director is responsible for oversight of the program, staff, partner high school relationships and partner college/university relationships.
- Strategy Manager, Service Strategy - Under the supervision of the Director of Service Strategy, the Strategy Manager will support MCAN’s service programs (AdviseMI, College Completion Corps and AmeriCorps VISTAs), seeking collaboration and alignment. The Strategy Manager will work with program staff and the MCAN team to improve program effectiveness, in pursuit of leveraging service as a strategy to increase the postsecondary attainment rate for the state.
- Strategy Manager, Community Mobilization Strategy - Under the supervision of the Director of Community Mobilization Strategy, the Strategy Manager will support various initiatives and projects related to MCAN’s four priorities as described in its 2017 strategic plan: fostering a college-going culture; identifying multiple postsecondary education pathways and facilitating smooth transitions; improving college affordability; and supporting credential completion — especially those within the community systems category and those related to network development.
- Strategy Assistant, High School Innovation - Under the supervision of the Deputy Director who also directs the High School Innovation Department, the Strategy Assistant will help with strengthening school systems and college access practitioners through professional development, research, data, innovation, investment and technical assistance. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, technically capable, detail-oriented and has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Completion Coach, College Completion Corps - 20 AmeriCorps roles available Full-time members will serve a minimum of 1,700 hours over a 12-month service year, logging daytime, evening and weekend service hours to facilitate student activities. The program year is scheduled to run Dec. 7, 2020, to Dec. 6, 2021. Candidates who are not willing to make a full-year commitment should not apply. Apply by Nov. 13, 2020.
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.