An investigation is underway into what sparked a fire that destroyed a building in Jackson County.
Crews got the call just before midnight Wednesday for a fire at a building located in the 2300 block of Tyson Street in Blackman Township.
The building located on Tyson Street near Roberts Street was used as a recycling center, fire officials say.
Fire officials could not say for sure if the building was operational or not.
The building was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived on the scene, fire officials say.
A FOX 47 viewer sent in a video of the building shortly after the fire started and massive flames could be seen shooting from the building.
Firefighters from Jackson, Blackman-Leoni Township, Summit Township, Henrietta Township, Napoleon, and Grass Lake all responded to the fire.
Crews were on scene for several hours Thursday morning monitoring the fire as it slowly burned itself out.
No one was in the building at the time of the fire and there were no injuries reported.
FOX 47 tried calling the number associated with the recycling center called Recycled Pallets, but the number had been disconnected.
Consumer’s Energy had to cut power in the area, due to damaged electrical lines and to make the firefighting efforts safer.
Several thousand customers were reported to be affected, however, the power was restored at approximately 5:30 AM.
This is a breaking news story. FOX 47 is working to get more details and will update the story as more information becomes available.
Stay with FOX 47 and fox47news.com as we follow this situation. Refresh your page to make sure you are seeing the most current information.