News

Actions

Man dies after being shocked by power line at Michigan farm

Posted at 11:47 AM, Aug 17, 2017

Authorities say a 19-year-old Amish man who died while working on a mid-Michigan farm was accidentally electrocuted.

MLive.com reports Alvin James Yoder was trying to clear out an area of a grain bin with a metal pole Aug. 5 when the pole came into contact with an overhead power lines. Clare County Undersheriff Dwayne Miedzianowski says Yoder died of his injuries.

The accident took place on a farm near Clare, about 130 miles (209 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.