Lieutenant Governor Brian Calley has announced the first five locations of his statewide town hall meetings, seeking feedback from all Michiganders.
Calley recently announced plans to host town hall meetings in every congressional district to hear from residents all across the Great Lakes State.
“With more than 500,000 private sector jobs created since 2010, we have seen tremendous economic growth and the lowest unemployment in years,” Calley said. “But there is a troubling and widening political divide in this country. As we consider where Michigan goes from here, I want all residents to be part of that discussion. These town hall meetings are a chance to truly listen, engage and understand each other.”
Town hall meetings will start at 6 p.m. The locations are:
- Grand Rapids (3rd District): Monday, Oct. 2 at New Vintage Place, 889 Broadway Ave. NW
- Detroit (14th District) : Thursday, Oct. 5 at Second Ebenezer Church, 14601 Dequindre St.
- Lexington (10th District): Tuesday, Oct. 10 at Inn the Garden B&B, 7156 Huron Ave.
- Kalamazoo (6th District): Wednesday, Oct. 25 at Cityscape Event Center, 125 S. Kalamazoo Mall
- Traverse City (1st District): Wednesday, Nov. 8 at Traverse Area District Library, 610 Woodmere Ave.
Calley continued: “Anyone that is serious about leadership at any level needs to be willing to engage with all Michiganders, not just those they agree with. Michigan has a bright future, but if we are to reach our full and best potential, we need to be about results, not just a political fight.”
Additional dates and locations will be announced soon to reach across the whole state.
SOURCE: PRESS RELEASE