Have an idea to bring positive change to your community, or want to have a say in what ideas get funded? The Hillsdale County Community Foundation is asking residents to come together and share their voices for their “Love Your Community” grant program.
The grant program supports projects and programs aimed at enhancing and engaging communities, and the foundation is accepting applications.
According to the foundation, the strongest proposals will demonstrate creativity and innovation, and not duplicate services or programs already in place. Each grant award will not exceed $,2000.
The grant committee will review all the submissions in February, and the top ideas will be posted on the foundation’s Facebook page in mid-March. The largest factor in the grant award decision-making process will be the support that each proposal receives by likes on Facebook on the foundations page.
Applications to submit a proposal can be found on the foundations website, and at its office located at 2 South Howell Street in Downtown Hillsdale.
The foundation states that ideal project qualities may include:
* Project has potential for great community impact
* Any collaboration with other organizations has been agreed upon by all parties involved
* Project will promote engagement of volunteers
* Project displays cooperative efforts
* Project will utilize local resources (businesses, vendors, etc.) as much as possible