LANSING, Mich. — More than 300 landmarks in 49 American states and 10 other countries are going teal today to raise Alzheimer’s awareness as part of the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s (AFA) annual “Light the World in Teal” initiative. Teal is AFA’s Alzheimer’s Awareness Color. A current list of participating structures can be found at www.lighttheworldinteal.com [lighttheworldinteal.com].
“Each year, AFA’s Light the World in Teal program brings people and places around the world together on a single day to raise Alzheimer’s awareness and show support for everyone affected by Alzheimer’s,” said Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr., AFA’s President and CEO. “From iconic skyscrapers and sports stadiums to small town village halls, we are grateful to each participating landmark for turning teal to shine a spotlight on Alzheimer’s disease.”
Landmarks “going teal” today include:
- Empire State Building (New York, NY)
- Willis Tower (Chicago, IL)
- Columbia Center (Seattle, WA)
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (Cleveland, OH)
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome (New Orleans, LA)
- American Airlines Arena (Miami, FL)
- New York Stock Exchange (New York, NY)
- TD Garden (Boston, MA)
- US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
- NASCAR Hall of Fame (Charlotte, NC)
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta, GA)
- One Liberty Place (Philadelphia, PA)
- Bank of America Plaza (Dallas, TX)
- Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls, NY/Ontario, Canada)
A current list of participating structures can be found at www.lighttheworldinteal.com [lighttheworldinteal.com].
Individuals can also participate in raising Alzheimer’s awareness today by wearing teal, posting photos on their social media platforms using the hashtag #AFALightTheWorldInTeal or by turning their Facebook cover profile/cover photo teal. More information can be found at www.lighttheworldinteal.com [lighttheworldinteal.com].
Families looking for additional information about Alzheimer’s disease or support services can contact AFA’s Helpline at 866-232-8484 or visit www.alzfdn.org
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.