LANSING, Mich. — As of 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, Henry Ford Allegiance Health said there are 12 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Jackson County.
The health care system said seven of those individuals are inpatients at Henry Ford Allegiance Health.
The health system said 44 individuals were tested for the coronavirus via the drive-thru screening and testing center.
As numbers for the coronavirus continue to change, there are steps residents can take to prevent the spread of flu and the common cold that will also help prevent coronavirus disease, including:
• Washing your hands with soap and water.
• Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
• Avoiding contact with people who are sick.
• Staying home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider.
COVID-19 symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus. They include:
• Shortness of breath
The state of Michigan has set up a coronavirus hotline, 1-888-535-6136, for those who have questions about the virus.
For more information on the coronavirus in Michigan, click here.
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.