News

Actions

Heat lamp sparks Delta Township pole barn fire

Posted at 7:15 AM, Jan 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-01-18 10:41:19-05

Here's an update on a fire that destroyed a pole-barn this morning.

The Delta Township Fire Department tells us a heat lamp landed on some straw sparking the fire after a goat knocked it over.

The fire started around 1:30 this morning on Delta River Drive

The fire also caused minor damage to a nearby house.

Several departments had responded to put it out.

15 chickens and two goats inside the barn were killed.

No one else was hurt.