NewsLocal News

Actions

Grass Lake Township looks to borrow money for roads

Web_Promo_Image_960x720.png
Posted at 12:18 PM, Oct 19, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-19 12:18:59-04

GRASS LAKE TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Grass Lake Township voters are being asked to decide on a new millage to pay for road improvements.

Officials are asking for 4.12 mills which is $4.12 per $1,000 of taxable property value.

The township says it will take more than $26 million to get the roads to an “optimal” condition. The Jackson County Department of Transportation will pay for 30% of the work. The millage would cover the other 70%.

The Department of Transportation is hoping the project will start in 2021 and be completed in 2024. Click here for a list of roads that would be improved.

Click here to request an absentee ballot or find your polling location.

Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

Download our free app for Apple and Android

and

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.

Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook