Gas dryer explosion injures man

Gas dryer explosion injures man
Posted at 2:47 PM, Jul 24, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-24 14:47:18-04

FOX 47 is on the scene of a fire at a home in Leslie Township.

The initial call came in at just after 11 a.m. for an explosion of a gas dryer in a homeowner's basement.

This happened at 1090 Vaughn Road.

There was a lot of smoke and one person injured.

FOX 47's Megan Hiler talked to the burn victim, a man in his 60's. He was in the area of the gas dryer when it happened.

He is burned on his lower extremities and has been taken to Sparrow Hospital.

This is a breaking news story. WSYM FOX 47 is working to get more details on this story, and will update the story as more information becomes available. 

Stay with FOX 47 and as we follow this situation. Refresh your page to make sure you are seeing the most current information.