News

Actions

Garage catches fire after power outage

Posted at 8:29 AM, Mar 17, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-17 08:29:56-04

A generator sparks a fire in rural Ingham County early Thursday.

Just after midnight, flames broke out at a garage on M-52 in White Oak Township.

Fire officials tell us, the homeowner had been using a generator after a power outage from the gusty wind.

When the lights came back on, the generator backfired, starting the fire.

Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to the home, no one was hurt.

There is heavy damage to the garage.