Fire crews were called to a Meridian Township home on Thanksgiving Day due to reports of a house fire.
It happened just before 8 p.m. Thursday night at a house located at the 4600 block of Grand View Avenue.
Our crew on scene says there were no flames visible from the outside but there is plenty of smoke in the air.
Emergency crews tell us nobody was home at the time of the fire but the majority of pets inside died in the fire.
The house received extensive damage.
A stretch of Grand River Avenue remained closed for over an hour while crews responded, the road has since been reopened.
Multiple fire departments have been called in to assist.