LANSING, Mich. — Firefighters are back on the scene where an industrial fire broke out in Mason Friday morning.
Fox 47 is on scene and says fire trucks are back.
We reached out to the Mason fire chief to see if he has any updates, but have not heard back yet.
The industrial fire from earlier happened at approximately 9:30 a.m. at Gestamp, which is located at 200 E. Kipp Road, and was caused by an electrical spark.
The fire was contained inside the building.
Gestamp was in the process of renovating and scrapping old equipment when a spark ignited the structure.
There were no big flames and the fire departments involved were able to get the situation under control quickly.
"It was up in the electric trays so its a process to get all the power shutdown to make sure we can spray water on it safely. The nature of this metal dust if you will it kind of crawls along the beams slowly, smoldering but travels some distance," Kerry Minshall, fire chief for the city of Mason said.
After containing the scene, firefighters continued to spray down the area to avoid any flames from sparking up in the building.
The company's maintenance crew and production employees were able to get out of the building quickly and safely.
The Mason Fire Department said no firefighters or employees of the business were injured.
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website .
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.