The Detroit Tigers open up the 2018 Major League Baseball season on Thursday afternoon and we're taking a look at what's new at Comerica Park this year.
Take a look at some of the new things below.
New party areas at Comerica Park
- New rooftop deck - Groups can enjoy a panoramic view of Comerica Park from the right field rooftop deck. Picnics are available
- Chevrolet Pavilion - All-inclusive party area now hosts groups from the time gates open through the final way out. Included buffet for groups include ballpark hot dogs, boneless chicken wings, Little Caesars Pizza, vegetable spring rolls, Frito-Lay chips and more.
- More information at tigers.com/groupstigers.com/groups
New items available at The D Shop
- Official 2018 Majestic by Fanatics On-Field Jerseys and Caps
- New 1968 Commemorative Logo Jacket
- Retro Pullover Breakaway Jacket
- Jack Morris and Alan Trammell Hall of Fame jerseys with HOF patch
- 50th Anniversary Novelty Items including: pennants, baseballs, collector pins, coffee mugs and shot glasses
- New Under Armour headwear line-up with caps for the whole family
- Miguel Cabrera’s merchandise line
New menu items throughout the ballpark
Food Court Locations
- Sy Ginsberg Corned Beef Sandwich – Corned beef and Swiss cheese stacked on swirled rye bread and served with crispy french fries. The Tigers have partnered with E.W. Grobbel & Sons to serve this new sandwich at the ballpark.
- Apple Pie Egg Roll – Two deep fried warm apple-pie-filled won ton wraps
- Nutella Egg Roll – Two deep fried Nutella-filled won ton wraps
- Ode to Detroit Dog – Natural casing hot dog smothered in brisket chili, drizzled with habanero queso cheese sauce and topped with green onions
- Ultimate Southern Burger – Fresh burger with jalapeño pimento cheese, crispy fried green tomatoes, lettuce and country ground mustard served with crispy french fries
- Donut Ice Cream Sandwich – Delicious cake donut with a scoop of Guernsey Ice Cream
Various ballpark locations
- Porchetta Sandwich – Smoked porchetta, queso fresco, pickled onion and scallion chimichurri.
- Buffalo Cauliflower – Cauliflower bites tossed in buffalo sauce. Served with celery sticks and blue cheese dipping sauce. o Brisket and Cheddar Stuffed Cornbread Muffin – Smoked brisket, cheddar cheese and jalapeño peppers baked into a corn muffin
- Halal Knockwurst – The team has partnered with Saad Wholesale Meats, based in Michigan.
- Burrito and Burrito Bowls – Spanish-style rice, corn and black bean salsa and shredded cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla. Topped with enchilada sauce, lettuce, pico de gallo, jalapeños and shredded cheese. Served with a side of sour cream and salsa.
- Nacho Burger – Fresh burger topped with cheddar cheese, cojita cheese, tortilla chips, salsa and jalapeños. Served on a brioche bun.
- Muffaletta – Capicola salami, mortadella and provolone cheese on a seeded muffaletta roll with pepper olive salad.
- Italian Grinder – Ground Italian sausage with grilled peppers and onions. Topped with provolone cheese and marinara sauce.
Grab and Go Section
- Power Greens Salad – Broccoli, kohlrabi, kale, Brussels sprout, golden beets, carrots, red cabbage, farro and poppy seed dressing
- Fruit Cup – Cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries
- Caprese Salad – Tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, tossed in pesto and served with balsamic vinegar
- Pimento Cheese and Pretzels – Pimento cheese blend served with pretzel crisps
2018 Promotional giveaways
- March 31 - Magnetic schedule
- April 14 - 'April in the D' skyline beanie
- April 15 - Kids Opening Day item
- May 12 - 1968 tote bag
- May 13 - Mothers Day/Pink Out The Park hat
- May 26 - Al Kaline 1968 bobblehead
- May 27 - Nick Castellanos bobblehead
- June 1 - Pure Michigan koozie
- June 2 - Bill Freehan 1968 bobblehead
- June 3 - Play Ball Pitch Grip baseball
- June 9 - Negro Leagues Tribute Game Stars Hat
- June 10 - Kids Coin Bank
- July 6 - Patriotic Pitcher
- July 7 - Willie Horton 1968 bobblehead
- July 8 - Kids pedometer
- July 20 - Floppy hat
- July 21 - Ron Gardenhire gnome
- July 22 - Kids back to school water bottle
- July 27 - tote bag
- July 29 - Kids back to school folder set
- August 11 - Fiesta Tigres hat
- August 12 - Jack Morris HOF Replica Jersey
- August 25 - Mickey Lolich 1968 bobblehead
- August 26 - Alan Trammell HOF replica jersey
- September 7 - 1968 'Sock It To 'Em'" socks
- September 8 - 1968 Replica road jersey
- September 9 - 1698 Replica pennant
- September 22 - Visit Central Florida item
- September 23 - Kids compression sleeve
New gameday in-game features
- Strategic Staffing Solutions Military Salute – The Detroit Tigers recognize a veteran of the United States Armed Forces with a between-inning tribute.
- FITTEAM Kids Want to Know – Who’s your best friend on the team? What’s your favorite candy? Kid questions often get straight to the heart of what’s most important, and Tigers players are ready with answers.
- Airlines Parking Road to Detroit – Tigers fans are introduced to many of the team’s most promising prospects, while learning about the long and challenging road to the Major Leagues.
- DTE Energy Do You Know You? – Tigers players are quizzed about their own accomplishments, and are surprised to learn when they don’t necessarily have all the right answers.
- Lays-Kroger Game Time – At every home game this season, one lucky fan will be chosen to participate in a Tigers themed game show, including:
- Mikie Mashes- after looking at a slow-motion image on the videoboard, the contestant is required to guess the food item that outfielder Mikie Mahtook has smashed off a batting tee.
- What Year Was It? – a mix of pop culture and sports, Tigers fans memories are put to the test.
- Who Has More? – Home runs, Whitaker or Trammell? Grammy Awards, Seger or Eminem? This game tests trivia knowledge and timing.
- Comerica Bank Legends of 1968 – The players who made up one of the most memorable teams in Detroit sports history are introduced to a whole new set of fans throughout the 2018 season.
- Jeff Glover & Associates Real Estate Covered – Through the use of MLB’s Statcast, fans learn just how far an outfielder ran to make a spectacular catch or the distance covered by a titanic home run.
- Dr. Yaldo Through The Eyes of a Tiger – Experience a brief glimpse into the life of a Tigers player after they wear a forehead-mounted personal camera while getting ready for the game.
- Carhartt Working Hard – A Tigers player is celebrated for the recent work he’s done on the ballfield, including the numbers that have the biggest impact for his team.
- Amish Direct Furniture Tiger Trek – At the end of each homestand, Tigers fans get a preview of the road ahead for Ron Gardenhire’s club.
- Motor City Casino Hotel Call to the Bullpen – Tigers relief pitchers are announced and profiled.