Brush fire at site of old GM plant

Posted at 8:52 AM, Jun 30, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-30 08:52:18-04

Fireworks and the dry weather might be to blame for a brush fire late Wednesday night at an old General Motors site in Lansing Township.

Just before midnight, Lansing Township firefighters were called to the old metal stamping plant site on West Saginaw Street. The fire department tells us, the brush fire was about a quarter acre.

It took crews about 10 minutes to put out the fire. Delta Township was called in to assist Lansing Township.

No official cause for this brush fire, but Lansing Township says there was reports fireworks were being set off in the area last night and given the fact that the area is very dry, the fireworks could have sparked the fire.