LANSING, Mich. — The Annual Ingham Student Art Exhibit submissions and jury process is now online! Teachers may submit student artwork online, please visit: https://lansingartgallery.submittable.com/submit/175530/2021-ingham-student-art-exhibit-submission [lansingartgallery.submittable.com]
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
- Schools within the Ingham Intermediate School District’s service area are eligible to apply.
- Students in K-12+ are eligible to participate.
- One piece of artwork per student is allowed.
- Each participating school is allowed up to 20 entries of student artwork.
- Artwork must be created during the 2020 – 2021 academic school year.
- All work must be two dimensional, suitable for framing, and may not exceed 18” in eitherdirection.
- School-appropriate subjects are accepted (i.e., no images of weapons, drugs, gang symbols, alcohol, smoking, racial or gender slurs, etc.).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
March 1, 2021, 11:59 PM.
JURY PROCESS AND EXHIBITIONS
From eligible entries, a qualified juror, artist Steph Joy Hogan, will select up to 50 works to be professionally framed by Wheaton's Framing and Art Gallery. Framed artwork will be exhibited for one year in a professional partner facility. The partner facilitates include the lobbies of the Ingham Intermediate School District in Mason, the Michigan Education Leadership Group on the westside of Lansing, and Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center's Student Gallery in Downtown Lansing. The jury process will take place between March 2 – 7, 2021.
Teachers will be notified, by email, regarding artwork selections and acceptance on March 8, 2021. Teachers with accepted student artwork for exhibition will work with Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center Staff to obtain parent/guardian permission for exhibition. Artwork without parent/guardian permission will not be exhibited.
Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center Education Staff, will work with teachers, with accepted work, to create a plan for artwork drop-off. Artwork drop-off will take place in March 2021. Coordination of obtaining student work will be determined at that time.
It is our hope that we will be able to meet face-to-face for opening receptions in early May, 2021 and to formally recognize the students that have artwork on exhibition. This decision will be will be made and announced closer to the opening date.
For more information regarding the Ingham Student Art Exhibit or assistance with the online submission process, please contact:Michele Carlson, Education Directormichelle@lansingartgallery.org
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.