NewsLocal News

Actions

Abuse claim deemed credible

Posted: 9:24 AM, Nov 12, 2018
Updated: 2018-11-12 14:24:00Z

The Archdiocese of Detroit says the sexual assault allegations against a priest who died nearly twenty years ago has been found credible.

The Archdiocese says the complaint against Monsignor Thaddeus Ozog was brought to a review board and shared with prosecutors.

Ozog died in 1994.

It's not clear if the allegation against Ozog came about after investigators raided roman catholic dioceses across the state as part of a state investigation of sexual abuse by priests.

That raid last month included the Catholic Diocese of Lansing.

Three priests in that diocese have been accused of sexual assault.

Father Mathew Joseph was removed from his position at Saint John the Evangelist Parish in Fenton after the Diocese got several complaints.

East Lansing Pastor Mark Inglot resigned last month at St. Thomas Aquinas after he was accused of sexual harassment by an adult co-worker.

The diocese removed the priestly faculties from Father Robert Gerl last month.

He's accused of sexually assaulting a man decades ago.